JOIN US! A Student Favorite, 'Cafes' Take Place Each Saturday in a Session !
We bring the coffee and treats – you bring the ‘dough’! Your $3-5 coffee donation goes towards our chosen charity of the session! Or donate $20 for mug w/ coffee for session. All help our community partner!
About Saturday Cafes...
Saturday Cafes, a cornerstone of our program, truly propel our language learners to proficiency! These 1.5 hr. conversation sessions offer interactive cultural opportunities to really engage and practice the language. Bonus! They’re included with registration of core course. Students who take advantage of this part of our model experience what it’s like to go from complete beginner to intermediate and advanced speakers!
Each ‘Cafe’, fun yet laid back in nature, offers 3 essential elements:
- Simple Conversation. – “How is your weekend” “How are you” etc.
- Always ’student driven’ – This means this is YOUR opportunity to ask questions / delve deeper about what you’ve learned during the week or what interests you.
- Teacher-led activity – Our teachers always prepare a fun engaging way to inspire language and culture!
Saturday Cafe Options
$35 for 1 cafe drop-in
Or save with our Saturday Cafe package DEALS!
$325 for 11 Saturdays ∙ $205 for 7 Saturdays
Click your language below to sign up for cafes!
Founded in 2005, Whole Planet Foundation is a Whole Foods Market® foundation that funds poverty alleviation worldwide where the company sources products.
The nonprofit’s mission is to empower the world’s poorest people with microcredit and the chance to create or expand a home-based business and lift themselves and their families out of poverty. As of September 2018, Whole Planet Foundation is alleviating poverty through microfinance partners in the United States and 74 other countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. To date, the nonprofit has disbursed $75 million dollars through microlending partners worldwide, funding 3.3 million microloans and 18 million opportunities for a better life for microentrepreneurs and their family members.
Beyond ‘cafe’, check out other opportunities to get involved: https://www.wholeplanetfoundation.org/get-involved/
- average microcredit loan empowering women entrepreneurs: $178
- 88% of loans go to, ahem, women, due to their 96% repayment rate (!)
- $1M disbursed in ATX too! #GoLocal